Saturday, September 22, 2007

Yokohama

Again, apologies for delayed posting. (Not that anyone's really following this blog, lol) I kind of got sidetracked...

Anyway, I'll pick up from the day before last. Ah, Yokohama, a lvely seaside city home to Japan's acclaimed Chinatown, and of course, standing at 105 metres, the world's tallest Ferris Wheel.


Cosmo World Ferris Wheel

Here's what it looks like from inside out.



From left: Me, Aya, Ben
Actually, at this point, Ben, who is scared of heights (how ironic, since he stands at 6 foot 4, you'd think he's gotten used to it), was gripping the rails and forcing that strange smile. Lol!


So this is Chinatown.

It ain't like any Chinatown I been to. First, it's verrry clean. Spick and span, no rubbish anywhere, and it doesn't smell! Not of food, not of rotting things, not of anything. It was like a Chinese theme park, really. And the last bit of evidence was; char siu cost 12 bucks. 12 bucks!!!

We ate 'Chinese food' for lunch. I had some weird-ass sweet chilli prawns, that looked exactly like the model outside. Amazing!

The 'real' thing

The model

But all in all, a fun day despite the decimating heat.

And you ask, why didn't you post this on the day? We-hell. I got back, exhausted, and I was having a chat to my neighbour, Berkeley girl Yuki. We were totally bonding, gossiping about all the boys in our dorm (as girls do). So happy that we didn't notice the time. Until, lo and behold, at 12:40 am, my doorbell rings. I open it cautiously and three boys are standing there.

What the? It's 12:40 am! Phil, Ben and Rob say they're coming back in 15 mins(!) with beer from Marufuji, our local ghetto supermarket. So I'm still like, 'what the?'

True to their word, they're back with a vengeance and start doing unspeakable things with my kitchen utensils. Phil in particular was very wasted and spouted some of the most memorable quotes ever. If you'd like visual evidence, please check out Facebook, as I was laughing too hard to take pictures. And so, after alot of merry-making, I checked the clock and it was 4 am... I needed sleep, fast. Everyone left, except Rob. Who seemed a bit dazed and confused. Eventually, I got him out.

But the next morning, I get out of bed, and the first thing I do is kick these mega cans of Asahi. Ouchie. And then, there are some mysterious slippers left in my room. Someone, come claim them!


No comments: